- Comply with all rules and regulations as set forth by the PIAA, NTL, school district, coaches, and athletic department.
- Prepares physically and mentally for each sports season.
- Participates fully in all practices and competitions.
- Be an invaluable part of your team.
- Encourages positive attitudes with your teammates both on and off the playing area.
- Maintain a positive attitude when things become more challenging for you.
- Allow coaches to coach. Your role is to play hard and be a contributor to your team.
- Promote the skills of your teammates instead of comparing and contrasting your skills, courage, or attitude in a negative manner.
- Take the time to know your coach in a way that allows you to understand their philosophy, ethics, knowledge, goals, aspirations, and responsibilities.
- Prioritize the agenda that drives your interest in the athletic program or any individual sport: the team agenda comes first, and your personal agenda follows.
- Have a willingness to be coached.
Athletes Code of Conduct
I will be the positive role model for my team, school, and community. In victory, I will be gracious, humble, and thankful. In defeat, I will be strong, honest, and accepting.
All coaching job descriptions can be viewed on the WASD website under Athletics.
Coaches Code of Conduct
As a coach representing Wellsboro Area School District, I will set a proper example and be a good role model. As the leader of the team, I will exemplify honesty, integrity, fair play, and sportsmanship regardless of the competition. I will maintain a professional demeanor in my relationships with athletes, officials, colleagues, administrators and the public and treat them with respect and dignity. I will refrain from and discourage the use of profanity.
- Be an invaluable part of your child's educational and athletic development.
- Encourage positive attitudes and actions through the development of your child both on and off the playing area.
- Require participation in all practices and competitive events.
- Listen to your child's issues and provide positive feedback when things become more challenging for your child.
- Accept my role to support, encourage, and motivate progress on a daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly basis, through support of offseason training, camps, weight training, and team building activities.
- Promote the skills of my child's teammates and opponents instead of comparing and contrasting the skills, courage, or attitude of my child with that of their teammates, or opponents, in a negative manner.
- Take the time to know my child's coach in a way that allows me to understand their philosophy, ethics, knowledge, goals, aspirations, and responsibilities.
- Prioritize the agenda that drives my interest in the athletic program or any individual sport: the team agenda comes first, and my personal agenda follows.
Parents Code of Conduct
I will be the positive role model my child needs to become a successful adult, In victory, I will be gracious, humble, and thankful. In defeat, I will be strong, honest, and accepting.
- Partner with Wellsboro Area School District to actively promote, encourage and support local athletes in achieving academic, social and athletic success.
- Attend athletic events when possible.
- Provide financial support.