The Wellsboro Hornets Sports Booster Club is a volunteer organization of the parents, coaches, teachers, and other supporters of our high school athletes. The Booster Club promotes participation in all school sponsored, board recognized sports at the high school level and supports our athletes in their competitive endeavors by making sure that each athlete and each team has the necessary equipment to compete.
In order to do this, the Booster Club must raise the necessary funds. Some of the ways we do this are:
- Running Concesion stands at home events
- Selling raffle tickets for prizes
- Doing 50/50 drawings at home events
- Selling clothing items
The funds that we raise are then used to aid our athletes and show them recognition. Some of the uses of our funds are:
- $75 towards Letterman's jackets for qualifying athletes
- Two $500.00 scholarships for eligible senior athletes
- Special gift for senior athletes who participated in sports for all four (4) years of high school
- Supporting the website for all teams and athletes
- NTL or District pins for qualifying athletes
- Banner placed in the gym for any team that has earned NTL or District title
- Host Swarm the Hive at the start of the school year to recognize all sports and new lettermen
- Purchase equipment as requested by coaches that cannot be purchased by the athletic department due to budget constraints
2021-2022 Club Officers
- President - Stacey Coolidge
- Vice President -
- Secretary - Courtney Barlett
- Treasurer -
Booster Club Scholarship Information
Two $500.00 scholarships are awarded to senior athletes who meet the following criteria:
- 4 year athlete
- College bound
- GPA of 85% or better
- Has volunteered for the Booster Club or any youth athletic organization
- An essay of less than 200 words on how athletics impacted your high school experience
A draw will take place before the Sports Award Program. All names of qualifying senior athletes will be placed in the drawing. If the recipient does not attend a post graduate school the following fall, the money must be refunded to the Booster Club. The deadline to apply is May 8, 2020.
Forms can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Booster Club will contribute $75.00 towards the purchase of letterman's jacket for all athletes who meet the letterman's jacket requirements. A fitting for the jacket will take place at the conclusion of the school year for ordering purposes with the jackets presented to the athletes at Swarm the Hive. The jacket style is determined by the Booster Club. The Booster Club will recognize only the letters earned for sports recognized by the Wellsboro School Board as Wellsboro High School sanctioned sports. The Booster Club will not purchase jackets for coaches.
To qualify for a Letterman's Jacket an athlete must have earned 2 Varsity letters.